We further concretize and expand our cooperation with Competitive Freight Wagon (CFW*) initiative, cooperation that started during Transport & Logistics exhibition 2017, in Munich.
The aim of this cooperation is to develop a revolutionary freight wagon concept, including following features:
- block train to avoid shunting, with center coupling allowing data bus and power supply,
- light weight construction with a multi-material approach, for a better payload,
- aerodynamic design for less noise and lower energy consumption,
- electronic brake control with disc brake, for access to fast train paths, and to limit the wheels wear,
- modular structure for various goods, to optimize the usage of the railcar frame,
- Wagon On-Board Unit (WOBU) with continuous safe monitoring.
The 1st step is to produce prototypes for tests, start beginning 2020.
The future is close, and you can be sure Ermewa SA will be an active actor!
* CFW is a member of Shift2Rail. Its partners are industrials companies, logistics experts and research institutions.
Also in the press (click on the titles):
Railjournal - Railway Gazette - Lok-report